Thursday, June 5, 2014

Why should we care about chemicals in our skin care products??

I know - many of you are probably like "we've had these chemicals in our products for years, why should we care now??"  I used to think that way too until my daughter was born.  I think that all parents want to protect their kids from as much as they can and I was on a mission to make sure that I didn't knowingly expose my daughter to chemicals that I knew were harmful.  So, I started doing a lot of research.  When my daughter started breaking out from the bath products I was using on her, I had to find another option.  We ended up using a completely different bath soap that only contains natural ingredients and no harmful chemicals to irritate her skin.  Amazingly, her skin cleared up!

Your skin is your largest organ!!  It absorbs so much into your body and if the products you use on your skin contain things like parabens and sulfates, they will get into your skin and your body too.  

Parabens are used in so many products here in the US, but have been banned in many other countries.  Parabens are used to prevent the growth of microbes in cosmetics and can be absorbed through the skin, blood and digestive system.  On the label you may see it listed as any of the following: ethylparaben, butylparaben, methylparaben, propylparaben, other ingredients ending in –paraben.  

What's so harmful about parabens?  Parabens can cause the following issues: Endocrine disruption, developmental and reproductive toxicity, allergies and immunotoxicity.  Pregnant women and young children are most susceptible, however, parabens have also been found in breast tumors and have been linked to cancer.  




Perfectly Posh products do not contain parabens!  All of our products are paraben-free.  They do not contain sulfates, soy, gluten, phthalates or any other harmful chemicals!  Purchase our products with peace of mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment